Thursday 7 August 2008

52. Bitching About Axl


- Hey man, do you think Axl is maybe talking too much shit on stage right now?
- How do you mean?
- You know, all this bitching and moaning between songs - like he’s always got a point to prove.
- I guess.
- You guess? Didn’t you hear him last night, cussing out the security and the promoter?
- The promoter was an asshole though.
- He was an asshole but that stuff he said about his deformed arm was way out of order.
- I guess.
- And the way he socked that kid in the Motley T-shirt with the mic stand. The poor kid had to have brow stapled. I don’t know, it just feels like we’re the backing band sometimes, like in the press it’s always ‘Axl Rose & Guns N Roses’, when it should just be – you know…
- Guns N Roses?
- Exactly. None of this would matter, if it wasn’t turning him into such a fuhrer. I mean, I like Kiss.
- So do I but what do you want me to say, he’s a redhead with issues – that aint nothing new!
- Yeah, but he used to be fun.
- Yeah, you’re right there. He’s definitely become an asshole. But we’re selling out shows aren’t we?
- I guess.
- You guess?
- And we’re selling records? Loads of fucking records.
- Yeah.
- And we’re getting our socks blown most nights?
- Most mornings too…
- Well, then.
- Well, then.
- So are you going to shut the fuck up and do this line?
- I still think he’s turned into an asshole.
- Me too. And life is fucking great ain’t it?
- I give us eighteen months.
- That long?





No comments: